Suntrek Trip Day 7: Yosemite National Park to San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 3rd 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yosemite National Park to San Francisco


Today we headed towards San Francisco, stopping along the way at a winery in Sonoma Valley - much the same as the more famous Napa Valley. There were lots of yummy things to try there, so we pretty much ate lunch trying out all the dips and things!

We then headed into San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge. What a sight. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest and fog covered the top so you couldn't actually see the top of the bridge. In San Fran, like all the other places except Vegas we were supposed to be staying in a campsite. But earlier in the week (day 2 I think) Priska had decided that we were too loud and would probably get kicked out of the San Fran campsite so had organised us a bed at a - very nice as it turned out - hostel. We were luckily able to be in rooms together, being spread across 3 rooms. There was a surprise awaiting us in San Francisco as well, which Suntrek organises. None of us had a clue what this one was and were pleasantly surprised when we found out.

We were going on a catamaran
Us girls freezing on the boatUs girls freezing on the boatUs girls freezing on the boat

We had to borrow big coats from the people who crew the boat!
cruise through the bay for about an hour and a half. It started right next to the wharf where all the sea lions play so we got to see that, then we went out past Alcatraz - close enough to get some nice photos - and underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. It was FREEZING cold outside on the front of the boat but it was such an amazing experience most of us stayed out there the whole time.

After the boat ride we went out for our last dinner together as a group to an Indian restaurant with Priska's friend. It was lovely. After dinner some of the group went to bed while a few of us others went out. Some of the group were under 21 so we had to find an all ages club. Unfortunately it turned out we picked one where the music and atmosphere wasn't really our thing none of us were really having much fun. For me it all started when we had to get patted down before entering the club. So Rob made up some story & we ended up all getting our $20 entry fee back. We then headed down the road to a nice Irish bar, had a few drinks then went back to the hostel. At the hostel Rob & I stayed up quite late trying to put photos for everybody on CDs.

*Some of the photos on this blog look unreal, I assure you they are not a painted backdrop, the weather that day was particularly yucky but made the photos look amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Mr SealMr Seal
Mr Seal

What a poser
Golden Gate BridgeGolden Gate Bridge
Golden Gate Bridge

The yacht you can see is like the one we were on
Going under the Golden Gate BridgeGoing under the Golden Gate Bridge
Going under the Golden Gate Bridge

What an amazing experience


11th October 2005

Hey Sarah, love your travel blog thingie, looks really nice. But it freakin' makes me dream of travelling the world again - just dunno how to get the money for it. Schultz from Tschermany!!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb