Reflections


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 20th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, I've been back for over a week. Jumped right back into work last Monday and already took a business trip to NJ. It's like I never left. hee hee. I'm totally feeling normal again.

I've had some time to reflect about how my journey has affected who I am now. I definitely find myself thinking a little more each day about how I want to make my life happier, make the people around me happier, and love each day to the fullest.

Life's too short to question why we do things. I was nervous to do this, scared, etc. I definitely had my ups and downs..as you have read. But all in all...I DID IT. I feel like I can do anything now..haha. I will never look back and say, What If? I DID IT. I had a blast and I learned a lot about what makes me happy and what makes me sad. It's kinda funny, but I really got to know ME. Not that I never knew who I was, but I REALLY got to know the insides and outs of who I am. Not who I am around these people, or who I am around those people. I got to be totally SELFISH and do what I wanted. I didn't have to answer to anyone and if I wanted to just sleep all day, hang at the beach all day, etc. I DID IT.

So yeah, everyone, I wanted to personally thank you for reading. Like I've said before, I felt like you were all with me. The next journey will definitely be soon, whether it be a cross country road trip across the US (I learned that I really don't know that much about the US while I was over in Europe), or a pilgrimage to my roots in the Philippines. It will be soon.

Make yourself happy everyday.
Love always,
Jennifer

Nov 7, 2007: Pics are up! http://picasaweb.google.com/jstar38/Europa200702



Advertisement



21st October 2007

What day is it?
One thing's for sure... you'll always think twice before writing the date from now on. Is it 20 October, 2007 or October 20, 2007? Yeah I know... probably the least thing that has changed for you. For me, it was gradual. I visited relatives in Richmond Virginia after having been traveling for work (domestic and international) for over two years. My independence was already established. My uncle was going to pick me up from the airport but when I landed I found he was tied up for the next hour. ...so I found a brochure that said one tourist attraction was the Edgar Allen Poe museum. Had a cab take me there. When I found it wasn't open yet (I'd taken a redeye) I walked around the historic downtown area for a while. I thought it was no big deal but my local family was surprised at just how independent I was. "Did you come out planning to visit the museum?" No, it was spur of the moment. ...but it was the first time I'd realized it myself. I was no longer a kid that needed an escort, I'd proven that I knew how to get around on my own. Jennifer, you've taken that to the next level!! Great feeling, isn't it?

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb