San Fran again!


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So it was back to San Fran again.....

This time to do the most critical bits of the city! Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge! I know, how do you miss them the first time?!

Still in co-horts with Annette we hired bikes together (man did she protest!!!) to cycle to Golden Gate Park and then on to the Bridge. Now, I had realised that SF was hilly, but cycling really brought it home! Ouch! The 7 hours we spent on the bikes was definitely evident the next day!! The bike ride was delightful though, the views stunning and a must do really for a proper tourist experence! That night after an afternoon snooze - it was a LONG bike ride - we went out for dinner with an Ozzie (Philippa) we had befriended and 'did' Chinatown - it was like being transported back there! Well except for the temperature and the utterings of 'have a nice day'! The dim sum was delicious and much appreciated! Though I still couldn't bring myself to eat noodles!

Next day was Alcatraz day. WOW! That was cool, quite eery though - when you saw and were able to go into some of the cells - and face the reality that the prisoners faced! Rather unpleasant! I certainly don't intend to be breaking the law anytime soon! The tour was only scheduled to be 2 hours - we took 4! So the day had virtually disappeared - leaving us with no alternative but to shop! What a shame! Oh and to pack ready for the next days flight to Seattle (I was serious about the Greyhound!)






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A 'pet cemetry'!A 'pet cemetry'!
A 'pet cemetry'!

For goodness sakes!!!


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb