California love


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 13th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm sitting here in Ian Hill's house in the neighborhood of Russian Hill in San Francisco. California is such a diverse and spectacular state given the face that there are positives and negatives to every location/place on this earth. Moving from San Diego to LA was narly because i was able to visit Orange county, home of laguna, newport, and huntington beaches. Eventually I arrived in Beverly Hills LA with two of brothers from high school. I checked out the Westwood village/UCLA area, Santa Monica, Venice, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, West Hollywood etc. Even saw Jack Black at the grocery store and a few more upcoming stars. Hottest club in LA has to be Area and since we didn't pull up in a ferrari, yellow lamborghini, or McLaren....our appreance, looks, and attire led the way to the red carpet and entrance! Cruisded along sunset blvd, liked pita pit, chinese thearter, 24 hour fitness with J Timberlake, Body factory, Mel's, and headed out to malibu, pepperdine, and into Santa Barbara. A camel reunion in SB....but expereinced my first rainy day on the entire trip which was too bad. SB is very pretty and I had a great time being there. I highly recommend the drive from Santa Barbara to San Francisco, something that everyone should do during their lives. I can compare it to the great ocean road in some ways, road to Hana, areas along coasts in european countries, but majestic, magnificent, and marvelous to say the least. From Morro Bay to Carmel there are enormous dramatic cliffs, huge mountains and forests to the east, windy narrow roads a few feet from the ocean, over 10 ft waves that were breaking so powerfully, crashing into rocks, wide expansive beaches, and elephant seals, birds of prey etc etc Now in San Fran aftering going through silicon valley....riding the cablecars all day and looking at women, italian deli, running up hills, walking down the most curvy st, north beach, wharf, union sq, etc etc. Didn't get to do the 17 mile drive around peninsula, carmel, pebble beach, monterey, and don't think ill make it to portland oregon. Don't worry madre, I'llllllllllllllllll be home for christmas................


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb