Blizzard


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oh my goodness......it has been a few days full of "roller coaster" emotions and feelings etc etc. Driving from San Fran to Salt Lake City was beautiful...through lake tahoe, reno and all of Nevada. Salt Lake City is an interesting and naturally stunning destination. Surronded by snow capped mountains, the mormon capital of the world, and the University of Utah...Salt Lake has lots to do and see..and i didnt even make it to park city, alta/snowbird/redford's places. Then on to Vail Colorado....!! I have to confess and agree with the idea that people who have not skiied in the rockies/out west have never 'truly' skiied. I can't say enough about the town of vail, the beauty, the skiing, the scene, etc etc. Lleno de argentinos, australians, and south africans....didn't see jime or guy smiley but had an awesome time with miss colgate j schaul. Talbot actually came to meet me on the second day and went to the Blue Sky part of the mountain/s. Couldn't have asked for a better day.....sun shining and skiing in powder, on diamonds, aroud trees, so awesome! Fucci and I raced up to be courstside at the Nuggets game even tough carmelo, nene and the boys could not play because of suspension. Literally were 5/10 feet from the court and watching Caron Butler put on a clinic along with Earl Boykins, andre miller, mr h town marcus camby....So Denver, now Boulder, checked out town, hiking up such a nice trail and almost encountering a mountain lion, and seeing why CU is known for its good times as well at night. Cusoooo made it down from Fort collins with his two chicas from the great state of Arkansas. Very much enjoying the incredible breakfast in boulder at the BUFF, and Le peep and the skillets are delicious. Avocado tomatillo sauce. And I woke up with everyone else this morning with no knowledge of the worst snowstorm and official blizzard since 1982 here. Between 2 and 3 feet easily......Making the holiday travel difficult for many including mi. Chitown here we come...if i can get out of Colorado. Mi hermanita Carmen is here from Madrid!!! Q alegria..hala madrid! And watch road house...and eat 24 inch pizzas. Some people even jumped off roofs, snowboarded being pulled by a rope attached to a truck, waited for 7 hours and didn't move more than a mile in their cars on route 36, so let's be thankful, nice and sometimes naughty and enjoy whomever were around, what we have, make the best of what we got, and stay healthy, happy as we celebrate the holidays and welcome in the 07. And Joy is such a fighter, the strongest and one of the most special persons in my life. Two knee and two hip replacements and falling head first on the tile floor/ looking as if she took a punch from mike tyson and is recovering and is loving life....see you monday Joy. So being stuck in a blzzard couldn't be much better when i think about it...Diggs! be a lover not a fighter.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb