San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 13th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mike PickleMike PickleMike Pickle

playing with Galaxxy Chamber
12/8/2006 11:23 AM
I’m not normally a fan of San Francisco for a number of reasons but this trip was alright. Our arrival at the club was early so we grabbed some beer and pizza slices from a place next to the club. It was Sunday evening and there really wasn’t anyone in the area. Eventually the club employees arrived and we started the routine; unload the bus, brief introductions, talk of drinks and food, set up, sound check, blah, blah, blah, wash, rinse, repeat.

After having been in the club for about an hour a good friend of the band, Mike Pickle, showed up with camera in tow. It was good to see him. He moved away from Minneapolis about a year ago. The crowd at the club was definitely an Attrition crowd but I think High Blue Star was well received also.

After the show, Brian, Laurie, and I, followed Pickle to his house on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin. Martin and Edward were met by some people that were to take them to Santa Cruz for a ‘meet and greet’ at a club.

We tailed pickle through the San Fran streets to the Golden Gate Bridge where he quickly exited the freeway and pulled onto, what appeared to be, a side road. Brian was confused but when Pickle exited his car he came to the window of the bus and told us to get out for a picture. The side road was actually the bridge viewing area and he took a few pictures of us with the bridge as the background.

We slept at Mike and his girlfriend, Calico’s, house that night. Upon waking Brian, Laurie, and Pickle went, yet again, to Home Depot while I stayed back and did some blogging and picture organizing. Calico had school that day so I think she probably left the house about 3 hours after we went to sleep. The group returned with the parts Brian needed to finish the next incarnation of the intake filter on the bus- a modified igloo cooler.

Brian spent a bit of time putting the filter together and then it was time to leave for San Fran again. Brian and Mike play in a band called “DudeManFuck” with a guy named Jesse who now lives in Arizona. DMF has a method. 66 minutes and 6
Hoola-hoop girls Hoola-hoop girls Hoola-hoop girls

from the Galaxxy Chamber show
seconds of one completely improvised song that ebbs and flows through multiple styles and genres. They had arranged for a show on this day-off from the tour at a club in the Mission district of San Fran. We met up with the opening band (which Mike also plays in- Galaxxy Chamber) and loaded into the club. Calico met Laurie at the door after her classes. It was rather nice having a night off in a club.

The next morning we went to get the filters for intake filter version 3…or is it 4? We found ourselves seriously under the gun for time. The filters didn’t arrive until 3:30pm and we still had to meet up with Edward and Martin who were now lost in San Fran trying to locate the store we were at. We ended up telling them to stay where they were and tell us the intersection they were on. We GPS’ed their location and met them near the base of the bay bridge. Getting out of town was difficult as we were now at rush hour trying to cross the bay. Our arrival in Sacramento would likely be late.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Attrition Attrition
Attrition

Sound Checking


13th December 2006

rush hour
mmmmmm, sf bay rush hour. i almost missed a flight back here while stuck on the bay bridge due to sf rush hour. hey, aren't you back here now or something?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb