Are You a Disruptive Passenger?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 15th 2022
Published: October 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

From Fodor's: For the past two years, disruptive passengers have been a nightmare to deal with. In May, when we conducted Fodor’s Summer Travel Survey, 60%!p(MISSING)eople said they were worried about an encounter with an unruly passenger. The number of incidents have come down since, but drunk and disruptive passengers continue to annoy American fliers. And that does not count delayed and cancelled flights, lost luggage, and indifferent service. The Vacationer conducted an online survey of 1,098 American adults 18 years and older. They were asked, “When flying on a plane, which behaviors from fellow passengers annoy you?” There were frankly no surprises in the responses. The top two most annoying behaviors were tied: disruptive, drunk passengers and having the back of your seat kicked, both coming in at 59.11%! (MISSING)A close third with 48%!i(MISSING)s smelly co-passengers with either too much perfume or poor hygiene. Poor parenting skills also made it to the list with 46.81%!p(MISSING)eople hassled by inattentive parents.
Some of the other offences were smelly foods, armrest hogging, seat reclining, talking too much, boarding/deplaning out of turn, loud music, and taking off shoes. People are also vexed by couples indulging in PDA and fliers getting up to use the restroom too much. There were just 11.57% who said that they’re not bothered by anything.
For me, it is a tie between loud talkers and seat kickers. But a close third is someone who is constantly moving, whether retrieving stuff from overhead, doing yoga in the aisle, or just taking more than their own space!
And it seems men complain more than women. Why? You tell me.
I have already written about the worst passengers I have encountered. But, just to be fair, I have met many, many kind and interesting passengers on my flights. Even some famous people!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb