2019 Quake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 17th 2019
Published: December 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Things taken out by Eloise on the bike today - pole = 1, barrier = 1, mother and child (almost) = 1. The 1906 earthquake had nothing on this kid, except that she gave a little warning, in the form of a high-pitched squeal, audible only to dogs, before she connected with her target.

Other than the path of destruction, and the mid-Golden Gate meltdown, a lovely day was had by all, as we cycled from Fisherman’s Wharf to Sausalito. Despite warnings that we would freeze in the middle of the bridge with the wind and our relatively light clothing, we were actually shedding layers after the huffing and puffing (and crashing) on the approaches and the hairiness of the descent (given lack of directional control, someone’s mother may have strongly suggested she walk the steep and bendy hill right next to a lane of traffic).

Miraculously for all, we made it to Sausalito in one piece and enjoyed leftovers from our giant breakfast in the sun by the water. Ferry back to SF, a bit more destruction, a bit more strong suggestions from a parental figure, a bit more bike-side walking and we were done!

And that’s it for our time in SF, as we head to New York tomorrow. We have LOVED it here - while the place we’ve been staying was quite a trip from the main tourist spots, we’ve loved the feel of the neighbourhood and our little studio. No doubt NY will be a completely different mood...and temperature...how Beeb will cope with -3 when we’ve had whinging at about 13, is anyone’s guess!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb