Sea lions, hills and magic


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 16th 2019
Published: December 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Another glorious sunny day here...which we made the most of by sleeping in...almost over the dreaded jet lag. Today’s mission was just a wander around some of the tourist hot-spots - Fisherman’s wharf, Lombard St and Ghirardelli Square.

A walk to the street car took us through the beautiful streets of the neighbourhood we’re staying, enjoying some of the lovely houses.

First box to tick was the Pier 39 sea lions, which were out in force. Lucky we also had our resident marine biologist in attendance who was able to bombard us with facts about them and their predators. Taught the scientist in the education centre a few things. Luckily she had enough words left over to whinge her way all the way to the ‘world’s steepest street’, but was temporarily silenced by some ice cream at Ghirardelli Square. Eloise’s was almost as big as her head...and it actually got the better of her.

An outing tonight to a magic show at the Marrakech Magic Theatre - lots of fun for all of us. Only around 20 people in the audience made it very intimate and personal and meant we all got to participate...but no closer to working out the mind reading tricks he performed...will be pondering those for a while!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb