Day 12, 13 and 14


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sorry we haven't wrote in a while Las Vgeas took it out on us, been in San Francisco for three days now and still absolutely shattered.

The first day we arrived we caught up on some well needed sleep and met some people in the hostel we are staying in. We met one guy from Manchester abd someonefrom Quebec, we ended up getting some drinks from the nearby store and drinking out on the veranda for a while then sleeping.

We havent actually got round to doing an open top tour bus anywhere yet so we decided to do one around San Francisco and bought a two day pass. The first day we generally explored the areas and saw Little Italy and had a delicious panni for our lunch! YUMMY! From there we got back on the loop and saw all thbe amazing sights of San Francisco and got educated on the impacts that earthquakes and stuff have had on the city so I was loving it! The Golden Gate Bridge was amazing! So big and very high! Didn't enjoy going over that on the bus but we both did it so was great! We got off the bus in the centre of San Fran at Union Square for some shopping but we didnt buy much because we are waiting for Miami and New York!!! It was still quie early at this point so decided to start drinking at the various bars in the area as it was Happy Hour. So we dunk the strongest cocktail I have ever had in my life, delightful times!

The next day we got up early and walked t Golden Gate Park and went into the Museum of Fine Art for free 😊! It was interesting and we picked up the open bus tour and did the Golden Gate Bridge again! its was absolutely stunning again, especially on such a clear day and you can see over the whole Bay and over to Alcatrez. We decided to stop at Pier 39, there was such a good vibe! Full of pople and different restaurants as well as an area where sea lions have taken over. They said on the tour how the state had tried to get rid of them by firing water hoses at them but they still wouldn't leave. Whilst at Pier 39 we took a trip into the Aquarium and saw many fish, jellies, sharks and touched stingrays! We had a great time. However, by this point we decided we needed to eat some of these delicious fishes and sat and had a great meal in a fancy restarant overlooking the Bay. Nosheen tried some of the famous Clam Chowder and after having such a large meal took a spontaeous trip down a zipline in the middl eof the city , it was mental! Im sure she will upload the video on facebook so you can all hear her scream!

Sorry for being rubbish at keep you updated, Liz and Nosh!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb