Day 89


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The plan was to hit the beach but it was quite cloudy so we decided to head to the harbour front and see the ships. For $14 you could get a tour of the 5 museum's in the harbour, they used to be ships and 2 of them can still sail.

The 1st ship that we went on was the Star of India, it looked like a pirate ship but is actually the oldest ship that can still sail. It was used in the 19th century to ferry immigrants from England to New Zealand. We met this really interesting old guy that told us about all the ships! The next museum was a Russian Submarine, it was so small and cramped but was pretty cool when you could look through the periscope! This ship tried to torpedo the aircraft carrier that sits beside it in the harbour now!

After that we went on a ship that was actually a replica, pretty disappointing to begin with as we had just been on 2 real ships! However, when we got inside we found out that it was used in the making of Master and Commander so we were then pretty impressed!

In the evening we cooked a nice curry and Jake checked in to Nicole's salon to get his hair straightened, he looked like someone from that 70's show!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb