Day 86


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a few days of doing very little we decided that we should do something, so we headed off to Sea World, San Diego. We arrived about 12 and headed straight for the dolphins, then the bat rays, they were swimming around and you could reach into the water and touch them, they felt so soft and seemed like the attention!

After that we made our way over to the Shamu Whale Show, we got there early so we could get the soak seats! The pool was huge and there was a big area behind where they were trained. The trainers explained that they never tell the killer whales to do something, they ask them nicely! When they came out you realised how big and powerful they were! The trainers jumped in and stood on the nose of the whales, then got them to splash us with their huge fins! It was so funny, we were all completely soaked but laughing at the same time! The whole show was unbelievable, how they can get these giants to perform like they did i'll never know!

Then we headed through the different enclosure of turtles, tropical fish, sharks, polar experience. Then we headed to the sea lion and otter show. When we got there this guy was prattting about in a cleaners outfit, pretending to clean and polish but really was squirting people with his cleaner, it was funny to start with but did get wearing after half an hour, just bring out the bloody sea lions! Then this huge guy walked in with a bit of an entourage. He must be a basketball player! The next thing loads of people are taking pics of him and getting his autograph! We didn't have a clue who it was but then saw him on the TV playing for Denver the following evening against the Lakers!

The Sea Lion show was really good but what made it was the otter, he was brilliant, just coming out to ring the odd bell and pretend to be a judge on american idol!

In the evening we chilled in the hostel and watched a movie or 2.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb