Suntrek Trip Days 12, 13 & 14: Malibu to San Diego and back to Malibu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
September 8th 2005
Published: November 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Malibu to San Diego to Malibu


Sorry I got a bit preoccupied doing other things and haven't updated my blogs in quite a while. But they're getting to the end of my time in the USA so keep reading to see how it pans out. Apologies for the poor quality photos from now on, my digi cam stopped working.

After spending the previous day at Universal Studios, the tour then went into Malibu in the morning. I was quite excited at the possibility of some star-spotting at the Malibu Starbucks but was let down - nobody I recognised was there when we were. After our coffee stop we travelled towards LA and beyond along the beach by all the nice expensive houses. We drove through Santa Monica, Brentwood, LA, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Wilshire and Westwood not necessarily in that order. We had a quick stop to see where Brad & Jen lived when they were married (because they were all over the news at that time what with their separation, etc.!)

We then headed towards San Diego where we spent the rest of the day at the beach at Mission Bay. I was in heaven. I absolutely loved it. It reminded
Hello stranger!Hello stranger!Hello stranger!

Rob showed up out of the blue (we half knew he'd be there, but it was a nice surprise
me a lot of home although the surf wasn't as good. Even still I spent a couple of hours in the surf. I also got my nose pierced there. And Rob from our previous week's tour showed up on the beach and ended up spending the next 2 days with us.

The following day we went to Sea World. It was nice but much the same as the Sea World in Australia. The only difference is that they have Shamu - the killer whales. I didn't really get it but they're all called Shamu and there's about 8 of them.

The day after that we started off with a short visit to Old Town San Diego - the birthplace of California. It was quite nice, lots of Spanish style buildings because California used to be part of Mexico.

We then went to Venice Beach for the afternoon. This was an interesting place, lots of colourful characters! You really see all kinds of people there. We spent another couple of hours on the beach before heading back to the campsite for our last night together. It was pretty lame - nothing at all like the last night with our previous tour group.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ShamuShamu
Shamu

These killer whales are amazing... They jump so high


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb