Day 4 - San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
December 29th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the "World Famous San Diego Zoo". We started on a tour of the Zoo which took us around to each area. It was a big place with lots of types of animals and beautiful gardens. It is actually listed as botanical gardens. So we walked around and saw lots of animals. There were apparently 4000 animals there from 800 species. You would see a big but there would by 10 varieties and the same for monkeys, dears etc. We actually saw a dear just after it was born. (An hour old). It was tiny and struggling to walk around- very cool.

My favs were the hippo, rhinos, zebras, grizzly bear, feral bush pigs and pandas. Well there was a huge line to see the pandas and we couldn’t be bothered waiting at least an hour to see them so I saw them from a distance through the gate. They looked very cool.

It was hard seeing the animals cause you had to try and find them in the first place- half the time they are sleeping and you cant really see them. And if your trying to take a photo they always move when you take it. So this made it quite hard. I looked forward to seeing the Grizzly Bear but he was sleeping in his cave.

Having been to Australia Zoo last yr (Steve Irwin’s Zoo) we actually enjoyed that better as you go to interact with some animals. We fed giraffes, elephants, sat with kangaroos etc. Here you were not to go anywhere near them. But it was still interesting seeing them all.

We left the Zoo and head back down to Downtown San Diego for our last night here. We found the popular strip 'The Gas lamp' where there was heaps of restaurants and shopping. Walked up and down and settled at an Irish pub for dinner. Headed home to pack to leave for Vegas tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb