Hotel Del Coronado


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

deldeldel

del in the background
Seufer6 Roadtrip: Destination-Hotel Del Coronado

DUE TO MEXICAN INTERNET SERVICE THIS BLOG WAS LOST AT THE BORDER CROSSING FOR SOME 7 DAYS SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION
MUCHO GRACIAS

After a fantastic flight from Denver, we landed at the San Diego airport at 9:30am. Jessica and Tanner did homework the whole flight!!! 72 degrees and perfect! Locating all 10 pieces of our luggage didn't seem to be a perfect feat. With 8 pieces of luggage, 4 kids and 4 heavy carry on bags, we hopped on a bus and headed to National Car Rental to pick out a minivan. A dark blue van with all the bells and whistles didn't want to accommodate all luggage and passengers, so we settled on the largest white dodge minivan with extra cargo space instead.

Off in our minivan we went straight to In & Out burger. We feasted on the freshest hamburger and fries in the state of California. Then over the bridge to Coronado Island to Hotel Del Coronado for 2 nights. How lucky we are to stay at this beautiful Historic Landmark which has serviced celebrities, dignataries, and US presidents for the last 115 years. Famous visitors have included Charles Lindberg, movie legend Marilyn Monroe, and 10 US presidents. Many movies like Some Like It Hot were filmed at this historic sight. As we pulled up, we could see the draw, a vast hotel set right on the beach.

We checked in, dropped our luggage off in our room, put on our swimming suits and headed to the beach. Once the kids saw the beach there was no stopping them. We took it all in, going right in the cold water, searching for seashells, tackling the waves and catching some rays. What a treat! As the sun was sinking lower, the air started to get chilly, so we decided to check out the swimming pool at the "Del" (as the locals like to call it). Our veteraned swimmers entertained the lilltle ones as we tried to relax, poolside.

Emma and Lilly grew tired so we figured it was naptime. Before we headed to the room, we signed Emma, Jessica and Tanner up for Kids camp at the Del from 6:30-9:30, actually called Mystery Night, where the kids would have to find all the clues to solve the mystery: Who killed Dr. Seuss? While Emma and Lilly napped Ty,
deldeldel

fun in the sun....
Jessica and Tanner went shopping for roller blades and a bike.

Excitement was high as we dropped the kids off at kids camp, which proved to be a blast. They met 3 new friends from the Denver area, collected clues to solve the mystery, decorated a tshirt to keep, ate a healthy dinner and have some great memories. By the way, Jessica Simpson killed Dr. Seuss with toxic hairspray by the pool.

While the kids were in camp, we decided to get local by walking the streets of Coronado Island. Great place with a small town feel. After walking the main drag, we ended up at a restaurant called Chance Bistro with an eclectic menu of american, italian, and mexican food. Pretty good meal, but the best part was some rare one on one time with baby #4-Lilly!

The first day of our trip was awesome, we are headed to bed tired, excited, heads spinning with new information and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings....Lego Land, Seaworld, or Zoo....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

deldel
del

jess joggin
deldel
del

swimming
deldel
del

run lilly run


17th January 2007

Sunny Beaches
Jessica, We are so jealous. The weather looks gorgeous. Jogging on the beach, splashing in the waves, and smiling. Life is good! Hope you are getting your homework done..haha. We started using a new piece of technology today in class-a document viewer. Very Cool. You'll see it when you get back. We have also started doing some assignments on line. The students watch a video in class or as homework from their own computers and then take a short quiz. The program grades the assignment for me (YEAH) and gives me a print out of scores. AWESOME:>) Talk to you soon. Tell Tanner, A. J. says hi.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0976s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb