Christmas Day Update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sacramento
December 25th 2010
Published: December 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Eleanor and I had a good flight and arrived in San Francisco a little ahead of schedule, the customs and immigration wasn't busy so we got out of the airport quite quickly. When we exited Rose wasn't there so I grabbed a coffee, a few minutes later we found her and in a short time we were in the Lexus with our nephew Andy as the driver, headed for lunch at a Filipino restaurant. At the restaurant we were joined by the Delacruz clan (Ruby, Peter, Ronald, Lita etc etc) and Eleanor's friend Malou. Lunch consisted of a selection of traditional Filipino dishes plus some fried chicken, calamari and paella. It was quite good and there was plenty of it.
After lunch we drove to the Haight Ashbury area in San Francisco. It's a bit of a time warp with lot's of stuff from the 60's and 70's such as tied dyed tea shirts. It's an interesting place though with shops selling antiques, jewelry, hippy style clothing plus the more traditional designer clothing. I bought a really warm jacket (GAP) for $22, it was from a second hand clothing shop but still in very good condition.
It took us an hour and 40 minutes to get to Sacremento from San Francisco, I had a short nap in the car as I was a bit tired from the flight and we still had a big night ahead. After settling in at Ricky and Rose's, I had a shower, got changed and was ready for the Christmas eve party at Ricky's cousin house about 15 minutes away. It was a fun night, with lot's of good food, Corona's, some Aussie red wine, a Napa Valley Chardy and a few JD's and coke. We played a few Christmas games and had a "White Elephant" gift exchange, it's a bit like a "Secret Santa" but with a few twists. By the end of the night I was ready for a good night's sleep.
Woke around 9am this morning, after breakfast we all went to Church (Mass) and I'm now back at the house. This afternoon the Delacruz clan are coming over for dinner, they are staying in San Francisco, Ricky is cooking up a storm, crabs, oysters, a side of beef, glazed ham plus more.
The food is pretty cheap here, after Church we went to an Asian grocery to get the crabs and oysters so I checked out a few prices. Salmon fillets were $6 a pound and a twelve pack of Sapporo beer was $7.95. Tomorrow we are going to the Napa Valley for some wine tasting so that should be good. Best wishes to everyone for the New Year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



26th December 2010

Christmas/boxingday update
We had breakfast at Sachas' place, took some food to b/dnghse, and lunch at Leonies' place and pm tea at Mia. Spoke to Leesa midnight in U.S. Yesterday was hot rain during the night up to 10:am today now 4pm is quite warm. Are you ready for the boxing test news. Australia is all out at tea for 98. Clarke top score 20. So far England are non for 50 and bet you're glad you're not here. Greg Inglis has signed for South Sydney for 3 years. We will win the comp for sure. Manay Eleanor looks fresh and young there.....also Rose she never change....still slim and pretty. Ricky put a little bit of weight but cute as it suits him....the kids....oh my...they are all grown up. Tell me is Andrew the tallest or he's standing on a chair.....thank you Glen for this. You should get a p/time job as editor in the Sydney newspaper....you write well....and that is your Gods' given gift.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb