Weekend Get-away


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Central Coast
March 29th 2010
Published: March 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Eleanor and I went away for the weekend to the Central Coast of NSW. Our first stop was Glenworth Valley where we went on a two hour horse ride, it was a lot of fun though Eleanor's horse gave her a bit of a scare when it "took off" early in the ride. My horse was well behaved but I got stuck behind a slow horse for so...me of the ride, when I got out in front I was able to get up a bit of speed, that was the best part of the ride for me.
After the ride we continued onto the Entrance, I'd booked a room at Annabelle's Bed and Breakfast, it was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The place is run by John who serves a great breakfast, the plate is a work of art and it's very filling.
Annabelle's is near the waterfront, restaurants and a hotel. After checking in we went for a walk, checked out the pelicans and then had a drink, the hotel had my favourite beer (Blue Tongue) on tap, Eleanor had a Chardonnay. Once refreshed we went for another walk to the beach, we got back a bit before 6pm, watched a bit of footy at the hotel then had dinner at Mojo's. We shared a seafood platter for two, it included a glass of wine each and very good value for $57.00.
We both slept well after an active day and woke to that amazing breakfast prepared by John. Freshly squeezed orange juice, brewed coffee, poached eggs, multigrain toast, bacon, lamb sausage, tomato, hash brown, asparagus, cucumber and cherry tomatos. John arranged the plate very stylishly. There was also a nice selection of fresh fruit and cereals.
We left about 9am with a full stomach and checked the surf, I'd brought my smaller board (6 foot 8 inch fish) with me hoping for a wave. There wasn't a lot on offer but I did get out for a paddle at Shelley beach and was able to pick up a few small ones.
Refreshed by the water we checked out a few antique shops then headed home. On the way back we stopped as the Roselle markets in Sydney, Eleanor was able to get a crystal platter and vase for $2.00 each.
All-in-all it was a great weekend, the weather was fanastic and we can recommend Annabelle's B&B as a great place to stay.
See More


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The EntranceThe Entrance
The Entrance

Where the lake meets the sea.
The Entrance Main beachThe Entrance Main beach
The Entrance Main beach

This wasn't the best beach.
Dinner at Mojo'sDinner at Mojo's
Dinner at Mojo's

This was the view from our table at mojo's.


11th April 2010

Fantastic
Wow! wait till I show this to Dennis.....magnificent! Thanks Glen for showing us the place...see we've got nice place in Sydney!....You both look young and lovely!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb