Avila Beach and Pismo Beach


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Avila BeachAvila BeachAvila Beach

Avila beach has a harbor that the fishing ships use when they bring in their catch. You can watch them and buy some fish from the fish market there as well as eat at the restaurant there. Has a really stunning view from the picnic area and RV spaces.
Tuesday 08 March Avila Beach and Pismo Beach
Drove down to Avila Beach from SLO. Avila beach was very beautiful and had Full hookups for RV's for $45 a night. I'll bet there are many people spending their time in a "parking Lot" RV park for the same money who could be staying here and enjoying this really beautiful view.
The fishing ships unload here and there is a fish market as well as a restaurant. And a very nice little picnic area. Not much else though. Still.............it really is splendidly scenic.
After checking out Avila Beach went over to Pismo Beach. They have a pier there and a boardwalk as well. And ........of course......... a great view of the ocean. They did have a cheapo restaurant there that I wanted to check out. It has a "bread bowl" filled with clam chowder. I had some and it was great. With a drink it was still less than $10. I don't think I would get off the 101 just for it but if I was in Pismo beach anyway it would be a good lunch. It is called Splash Cafe at 197 Pomeroy Street which runs down to the Pier and boardwalk.
After spending a good day touring I came back to the hotel and washed clothes, and washed clothes, and washed clothes, and dried clothes, and folded clothes. A very tiresome task but one which must be done......
Tomorrow unless I change my mind and decide to stay another day I will head up the coast to Monterey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Picnic areaPicnic area
Picnic area

the picnic area has a beautiful view of the harbor
The Splash CafeThe Splash Cafe
The Splash Cafe

The Splash Cafe has some great clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl.
Clam ChowderClam Chowder
Clam Chowder

Clam Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl with a drink less than $10.


9th March 2011

GOOD TIME
GLAD to hear you are enjoying yourself , there probably is alot of people living there full time for 45 a night

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb