Napa Vine Trail Update


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2021
Edit Blog Post

If you did not already know, the Napa Vine Trial is a 47-mile walking and cycling trail, linking Vallejo with Calistoga, basically the entire Napa Valley. I have ridden portions of this trail several times, There are still sections that need development. Background: In 2008, the Napa Valley Vintners, the Napa Valley Grapegrowers and the Land Trust founded the Vine Trail Coalition. The Napa Valley Vine Trail will be a 47-mile walking & biking trail system to physically, artistically and culturally connect the entire Napa Valley from Calistoga to the Vallejo Ferry and the greater Bay Area.Beginning near the Ferry Terminal in historic Vallejo (thus linking with the greater Bay Area), the Vine Trail will continue north for 47 miles, through the world-renowned vineyards and towns of Napa Valley, to its northern gateway in Calistoga at the Oat Hill Mine Trail (Hwy29 at Silverado Trail) at the foot of Mount St. Helena.The Napa Valley is world-famous above all for its vineyards and their appellations. To reflect this unique sense of place, we have organized the Vine Trail route into 10 SECTIONS, each named for the city or vineyard AVA (American Viticultural Area) the trail passes through. From north to south, these are: Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville, Oak Knoll District, City of Napa, Vista Carneros, American Canyon, and Vallejo. The 47-mile Vine Trail route has been mapped and its ten sections are in various stages of design or construction as shown on the above map.I love the southern section, from the Napa Golf Course, up to the city. The section through the city has many city street crossings, without lights or stop signs. Then from Trancas Avenue north, the trail is separated from road traffic. Much of it runs parallel to the Napa Wine Train. The Trail currently ends in Yountville.I fully support the Vine Trail effort. The people who are the "brain child" of this are both highly skilled and politically savvy people. I admire their efforts. I donate to the Vine Trai every year.We will be cycling the Trail this weekend, and perhaps add some wine tasting and visit with dear friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb