Racing the Snow


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mount Shasta
December 20th 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Portland Storm


Lots more driving today and lots more snow. We began the day with a great, warm breakfast with our new extended family and then warm goodbyes on a very cold, blizzardy morning. Within 5 minutes on the crazy Vancouver roads we were lost (all the roads look like country, residential roads that go on for miles). But real men can ask for directions! And my man is a real man! So we got heading to Portland and kind of wish we hadn't. The weather was terrible and getting worse. So we took it slow and made it safe and sound into Cali! Geoff and I had a fleeting thought about how dreamy it would be to make it through our whole trip without hitting McDonalds. Well, we made it one day. Oh, well.

Geoff drove great and the mountains are quite majestic. We got welcomed tonight in town by Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I guess they had to squeeze in a quick ski trip before the big day?? Mt. Shasta City is pretty cool. It reminded us of Whitefish, MT. Thank you to the 'Aunties' for the yummy chicken & rice for dinner. We enjoyed brownies by Uncle Erik's Christmas tree in our RV and we're off to a good night's sleep. Sweet dreams to all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Welcome to CaliforniaWelcome to California
Welcome to California

We expected a little less snow in CA.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb