Things That Don't Have Anything To Do With Me


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Marin
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Anarchy Train, Teen Wolf, and Thanksgiving

We met this guy named John from Ireland at our Bruge hostel and he told me the story of, “The anarchy train.” In certain countries and certain cities/towns in Europe, during football games people were able to rally the entire town together and storm a train. They wouldn’t pay and they wouldn’t follow any of the rules of the train. They would destroy the insides of the train, go watch football and then do it all again when it was time to go home. The police couldn’t catch everybody, so there was always a chance you were going to get busted, but for the most part, how do you stop and an entire town from storming a train and taking over? Why not just stop the train? Because the beauty of anarchy train is that it preys upon the good citizens who actually do pay for the train, so the trains have to run. They’re so packed and chaotic though, the police can’t make their way through them to check to see who paid and who didn’t. They can’t make their way through them to see who’s smoking a doobie and who’s peeing on the train floor. See what a little unity in the name of freedom can get you? Too bad we couldn’t rally together and do this on the BART.

Anyone who likes the Teen Wolf movie, here’s something for you;

In the scene of the championship game, one of the final shots shows Scott's Dad coming out of the crowd to congratulate him. There is a fan behind him who stands up to cheer and deliberately exposes himself to the camera.


No thanks, thanksgiving

The real story of Thanksgiving began in 1614 when a band of English explorers sailed home to England with a ship full of Patuxet Indians bound for slavery. They left a gift called smallpox for the remaining Indians. That virtually wiped out those who had escaped the explorers. When the Pilgrims arrived in Massachusetts Bay they found only one living Patuxet Indian. The Indians name was Squanto. He not only survived slavery in England but he also knew their language. Squanto taught the pilgrims to grow corn and to fish. Squanto negotiated a peace treaty between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Nation. At the end of their first year, the Pilgrims held a great feast honoring Squanto and the Wampanoags. __Sadly the word spread in England about the land found in the new world. It seems that the Pilgrims were all talking of taking over the lands. Soon after the word of the new land spread the religious zealots called Puritans began arriving by boats to the (so called) new found lands. (These lands were not new to the Indians for it had been their home and land long before and evil Pilgrims set foot there.) Since there were no fences or security around the land they considered it to be in the public domain. With the help of other British settlers they captured strong young Native Americans for slaves and killed the rest. They then took over the land from the Indians that remained living. The Pequot Nation had not agreed to the peace treaty Squanto had negotiated and they fought back. The Pequot War was one of the bloodiest Indian wars ever fought. The Pilgrims killed all Indian Tribes & took over the lands in a brutal way.
_In 1637 about 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival. That is what they call our Thanksgiving celebration. In the early morning hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries. It is said they then ordered them to come outside. Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death. The terrified women and children who huddled inside and some were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered. Sadly that is the story of Thanksgiving that has been documented in many places and it is the facts that they try to hide from most Americans.
The Indians were not violent savage people as they would make you think in a lot of American History books and schools. The Indians were those that believed in Nature and protection of animals and other people. The Indians were amazing in many ways. They did not kill just to be killing or kill for lands and power as the usa does. The Indians were brave warriors that fought hard to try to keep their families safe and worked together to share and provide food, clothing and shelter to each other.

Make thanksgiving a different day in November and eat and drink something less traditional next year. Just a thought to toss around.







Advertisement



8th December 2008

BART got anarchy trained!
Last month for the anti-Prop 8 rallies. 3 or 4 trains were hit at once, going to SF. It wasn't entire towns, but 50 or 100 kids just rushed the turnstyles.
9th December 2008

Hooray for anarchy trains!
9th December 2008

poop
weakest entry thus far...any true fan of teen wolf already knows that fact. And a history lesson? Cmon faggy...I skipped over it...anarchy train kept my interest...better not keep this up
9th December 2008

Shits and Tickles
If you knew about Teen Wolfe, than you're a bad friend for not telling me, history is good sometimes, faggy is a bad word even in England, and you're just jealous because i have more cavities than you.

Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb