Fred Scarf


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I choosed Fred Scarf because I thought what he does made a difference. Even though he is not in a developing country at first, he still made a difference to those in need. When he was in high school, he lost his best friend to cancer. She died before even going to prom, and she was going to go with him. He was inspired by her life because they both knew that she did not have long to live, and she did not get to experience an amazing time of every teenagers' life. He made a foundation called "No Worries Now". The foundation is for teens between the age 13-19 years old. He wants to give teenagers with life-threating illness to have a free prom. He makes a prom for teenagers who has a killing illness because who knows when will their life would end. He goes around countries, it did not clearly state which countries, but I am assuming he goes around the world. I thought this organization was making a difference because he gives teens a chance to not stress about their illness. He gives the teens a chance to have fun and not having them worry when would they die. I thought he was making a difference in a teens life to forget everything and just fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb