Day 4: Our attempt to get on TV


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When we went to Hollywoood 2 days ago we somehow aquired 2 free tickets to a game show called ''Let's make a deal'' which was filming today. We took the tickets thinking if we don't bother going or it turns out to be rubbish it's free so it doesn't matter. Anyway, we didn't have any other plans today so we decided to give it a go.

We walked from the metro station down Sunset Boulevard to where the studio was. When we got there there a huge queue of people wearing some amazing fancy dress - a bunch of grapes, a big fat ballet dancer, and a dalmation whose outfit was almost as good as the one I wore out last week (but not quite!). My first thought was that these are the contestants and this is some hilarious game show where everyone acts like an idiot and it will be hilarious ... But no, these are actually the audience! And everybody in the audience has a chance at being on the show if you stand out enough. So Liz and I went dressed as English tourists and I think we did a fantastic job.

The show was really fun to watch, as they picked out audience members to play there was a lot of jumping up and down shouting ''PICK ME PICK ME!!'' but I guess they didn't like our costumes as we didn't get picked =( But we did see people winning money from $100 upto over $1000 and prizes upto over $20,000.... but I don't want to spoil it all for you as it's not aired until September!!

Nosheen and Liz

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb