Boarding Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 15th 2005
Published: January 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

PartyPartyParty

Steak and Fish
HI ALL,

We're on our way! We left Greenville early yesterday (Friday) morning for Atlanta, expecting to make a 10:30 flight to LA. Delta canceled that flight without warning (par for the course for poor ol' Delta) so after much squeaking of the wheel by Dick we got another flight that put us in LA about 5:00 PST. Along with our luggage, thank goodness! Then the guardian angels from Crystal Cruise Line took over and all was well. Three of them were waiting anxiously for us in the luggage area. We were whisked by limosine out to the Beverly Hills Hotel, next door to the Beverly Hills Hilton where the Golden Globe awards will be made tonight. We hustled on our glad rags for a welcome dinner last night courtesy of Crystal. They said there are 211 of us going on the entire 100-day World Cruise, along with several hundred other passengers who will be on it for segments. This morning we were all treated to breakfast in a private dining room. We're now waiting for transportation to our ship, the Crystal Serenity, which is in port herein LA.

Dick has been having fun taking pics with his little
LimoLimoLimo

Airport to Beverly Hills Hotel
digital camera which he whips out of his pocket when you least expect it. This hotel is a photographer's paradise, with little bungalows tucked away in the lush greenery and flowering plants all over the grounds. I came across country with my nose glued to the window as ususl, and enjoyed every minute as visibility was excellent most of the way.

We'll update again after getting on the ship. Having a wonderful time so far!!

Mary and Dick


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Pre cruise DinnerPre cruise Dinner
Pre cruise Dinner

Beverly Hills Hotel
HotelHotel
Hotel

Beverly Hills Hotel


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb