The Los Angeles Film Festival


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I am visiting Los Angeles for a short visit to participate in the Los Angeles Film Festival taking place from yesterday through June 28, 2009. Arrived after flight from Houston on Continental Airlines. Arrived early at Terminal C, checked in quickly and checked one bag, $15.00 fee, then learned that my aircraft was at gate 3 in Terminal E. This is the new world of IAH, you check in on Continental then find that you are actually flying from E and have to walk 1/2 a mile to get from the security screening, then another hike to your gate. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time. We were able to use the President's Club because of my friend's Elite status. But my feet are hurting.

Ride was a little bumpy today. The pilots did their best to reduce its effects but it was so turbulent that I had trouble reading. I gave up and listened to podcasts on my IPod.

Weather in LA is not perfect, but is cooler than Houston. The issue here remains air quality. High today was about 86 and it will cool to the mid-60's this evening.

The LA Film Festival is a huge cinema event held each June in the Westwood Village area near UCLA. I was one of the Executive Producers for filmmaker Tariq Tapa's film "Zero Bridge," a film created in Kashmir. Check out http://www.zerobridgefilm.com

Staying at one of the Grand Dame Los Angeles hotels, The Chateau Marmont. Great suite, bedroom, living area, dining area, and kitchen. We have an East view, and can see a very small glimmer of the blue water in the pool. Spent part of the day driving around in order to learn the lay of the land. US premiere of the film is tomorrow afternoon.

Notes of interest

Entire sides of 10 and 12 story buildings are covered in advertisements for movies and television shows. The mos interesting billboards were a new Calvin Klein ad and one for a new HBO program called Hung. What won't they put on public display?




Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb