Winter Storms


Advertisement
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is at the camp.This is at the camp.This is at the camp.

One direction to our campers has a little bit of dirt/mud road. This is sending us the other way, which is entirely concrete. You can see the sandy mud on the road.
(Victory Ranch)

Yesterday I mentioned that it was supposed to rain. There’s a winter storm warning for this weekend~~in southern California that means RAIN!!! It started last night, and came in sheets throughout the night, and by this morning the creek, which I showed a couple weeks ago as having a hard-sand base, was gushing. Just from one night of rain! The heaviest rain occurs west of us, along the coast, but even a little rain (and this was more than a little) has such an impact. On our way to church the streets were running with water, and the fields were flooded, and rain was still coming. Yep, the FLOOD signs were everywhere! A few weeks ago I made fun of the fact that they had the signs so ready; now I understand why they have them on hand! I feel like we might be sitting in the ark! But it sure is getting green. The hills are looking soft with the green grass.

If you grow up in Montana, there are things you don’t learn~~like umbrella etiquette. Many people leave their umbrellas open, and laying on the sidewalk under the covered porch, before they go into church. I guess it makes more sense than dragging a hundred wet umbrellas into the building, but it sure looks funny! If I get a picture later, I’ll put it on this entry.

We’re finished with this project on Tuesday. As I’ve said before, we’re just traveling 25-30 miles north of here, so it’s not a big deal, except that we’ve been here so long (three months) that we have things spread out. Our golf clubs are being stored in a shed over by the pool, the place under the motor home where the lawn chairs belong is being filled by something else….it’s going to take a while to get this show on the road! Dave and Wanda are leaving Wednesday, to get things ready up there, and the rest of us will wait until Thursday. They were supposed to get snow there this weekend, so we’re hoping the mountain roads are clear enough to move our rigs.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Who thought of this????Who thought of this????
Who thought of this????

You know how some things just shouldn't be near each other~~like the Same Day Surgery Center that's kitty-corner from the cemetary? Now really, can that increase business for either? Well, I don't think colon and facial should be used this close together....


Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb