The definition of a mid life crisis....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
May 14th 2017
Published: May 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

... is going to the car hire depot on your 52nd birthday to pick up your economy compact for the weekend, and driving out in a Mustang convertible. Oh yeah.

We spent Saturday touring the hotspots, top down, ticking off Venice beach (tacky), the Griffith Observatory and Hollywood Boulevard walk of fame which was just crazy!! It was full of people demonstrating: against Trump, for Trump, pro life, pro Jesus, anti Christian. Everyone was dressed as a superhero and the Chinese tourists went mad over the Jackie Chan star, lying down on the pavement next to it to take a selfie, oblivious of the hundreds of people walking long the boulevard. I'm not sure if my favourite moment was the mounted policeman parking outside Starbucks to get a coffee to go, or meeting the bright orange Trump impersonator....

We finished with dinner at a fab Mexican restaurant just off Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, sitting outside, counting the Bentleys and Ferraris cruising by.

On Sunday we headed south on the Pacific Coast Highway, visiting Long Beach, Newport, Balboa, Laguna. Great sights, particularly the marinas, but very busy (Mothering Sunday in America) and the lack of parking was a real pain.

We are off to collect the RV tomorrow morning and the road trip begins!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb