LAX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
February 1st 2012
Published: February 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally we packed all the kit and with thanks to Glen Richardson we got to Dublin Airport for 05.15 for the flight to London. Unfortunately the travel agent gave us 2 separate bookings so we had to check the bags in at Dublin, collect in LHR and wait 4 hours before checking in for the flight to Los Angeles.

Why is it so hard is it to eat healthy meals when on the move?? Convenience foods no thank you.

12 hour flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles was covered in 10.5 hours but the 2 hour delay getting through US emigration not so healthy for the head.

Must say Air New Zealand were fantastic, (they covered the cost of getting the race kit including bike from london to Christchurch, getting it home however is a different story) good plane and exceptional food. Best I've had on any flight and I've been on a few as you all might know.

So staying in the Marriott at Los Angeles, no complaints just trying to get some exercise in the gym and plenty of rest as tomorrow we fly to Christchurch (long long day ahead). Gym not quite up to
spinners or sinnersspinners or sinnersspinners or sinners

14 hrs of hell in Viva Fitness
Viva Fitness standards but will suffice, weather good, 19 degrees, ideal.

So sign off for now, will post again when we hit New Zealand.

Many thanks to Glencar Medical, MI oils, Signsexpress and Ensafe for their support in raising funds for Debra Ireland and to everyone who sponsored me. Together we have raised over 5,ooo euro for the charity.



AC


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

marriott gymmarriott gym
marriott gym

not quite Viva Fitness
14 hrs of hell14 hrs of hell
14 hrs of hell

nearing the end
race kitrace kit
race kit

making a list and checking it twice,
on our wayon our way
on our way

last decent cup of Tea
race kitrace kit
race kit

thanks to glen, emer and luca for the personalised tracksuits, you guys are stars, shame you can't pop along for the trip, maybe next time.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb