A 50 degree temperature change tomorrow


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Inglewood
January 12th 2017
Published: January 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A cold run this morning..A cold run this morning..A cold run this morning..

The sunrise and mist coming off the bay...
We left our lovely Skagit Bay this morning, with a full moon setting behind Hope Island and a temperature of 20 degrees....

The Cascade and the Olympic Mountains were snow-covered, and Mt Rainier was magnificent from the plane.

We flew from Seattle to Los Angeles, and checked into our hotel in the early evening. Getting to the hotel was not easy. We called the hotel and asked for a pickup. We were told to look for a white van marked "Comfort Inn" Shortly, a white van marked "Comfort Inn" pulled up. We got in, and headed out into rush hour traffic. As we finally neared the hotel, the other passengers were wondering if the hotel was actually open, since they had gotten an email informing them that it had become a Quality Inn. We had received no such email. When we tried to check in, we were informed that we had reservations at another Comfort Inn, and that we would have to wait 20 minutes for a shuttle back to the airport, where we would have to call the Comfort Inn again. I was not pleased, and when I insisted that they take us directly to our hotel, the manager said it was our fault for not checking where the van was going! (They did admit that they hadn't yet changed the logo on the van yet)

We decided to take an Uber to the Comfort Inn, where the managers were very upset to hear that another hotel was running a van with Comfort Inn on it...and reported them to corporate.

And unfortunately, the weather here is rainy and cool tonight.

Tomorrow we fly to Leon, Mexico, and take the shuttle to San Miguel de Allende, where we have rented an apartment from a friend of a friend for three weeks.



Hasta manana....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb