Day 1-2: From Manchester to Hollywood!!


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we're finally here! After 14 hours of plane journey and an 8 hour time difference we arrived in our hostel (which is somewhere near LAX - I'm not actually sure what area we are in!) and went straight to bed.... zzzz .... or at least we thought that was the plan. Until about 1am when the czech girl who we're sharing a dorm with was scared half to death by the arrival of a cat in her bed, and so decided Liz and I should help with it's removal!

After an eventful night we've had an even more eventful day. We went to hollywood! Walked along the walk of fame to the chinese theatre where the premiers are held. My highlight was putting my hands in the hand prints of Emma Watson (Hermione!) Eeep. Liz loved finding Walt Disneys star!! After this we went on a tour to see all of the celebs houses and other related things. We saw the house where Micheal Jackson died, opposite Elvis's old house! We didn't see any celebs today ... yesterday though while we were waiting for our flight from New York to LA Liz spotted Sam Rockwell! After LOADS of debate about whether it actually was him (Liz didn't think his shoes were nice enough for a celebrity) his name was called and he came over to get his bags from his friend who happened to be sat right next to us.... cue embarrassing moment when he gives us a ''stop staring'' look and then goes and gets on our plane!! So for anyone who doesn't know who Sam Rockwell is we actually had to look him up online too ... the best we came up with was ''the kiddy killer from the green mile'' and ''that guy from iron man 2'' but even though we had to look him up I'm still counting it as a valid celeb spot!

After we saw the celebrity houses we went to Madame Tussauds and I FINALLY got to meet Will Smith ... not te real one just the wax copy but still ...

So after a long and hot day we're still pretty jet lagged so will leave it there! Hope you enjoyed reading about our first day in LA... Disney Land tomorrow, autograph book at the ready

Nosheen and Liz

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb