Disney Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alice in WonderlandAlice in WonderlandAlice in Wonderland

Kayla's first ride
Another sunny day with enough cloud cover to keep the temperature around 20 degrees. We spent most of the morning in Fantasyland. Janelle took Kayla on some kiddie rides including Dumbo, The Mad Tea Party and Alice in Wonderland. We all went on the Storybook Canal Boat Ride.

Next we headed off to Toontown. Jason got most of the Autographs here in about 45 minutes. I had the opportunity to do some flash photography in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Jason and Tyler thought Toon Town was very cool because everything was, of course, toon-like as you can see from the pictures. We took a tour through Mickey Mouse's house and he just happened to be in his personal studio shooting Fantasia. So he took the time to stop for a couple of pictures with us and an autograph. How lucky hey.

We then took a stroll over to Pluto's house and the kids played in his doggie playground. We were going to do the kids rollercoaster but it was just to busy.

One thing I forgot to mention is that because we stayed on the resort we had the fast pass option. What this means is that at very popular rides they have machines that you can stick your pass card in and it will give you a pass that has a time for that particular ride (ie, anytime between 1:45-2:45) that you can come back and bypass the long line-up, cutting our time down on Space mountain, for example, from about 45 to 5 mins. It was pretty cool and we used it all the time. Depending on how many people are getting fast passes it could be an hour or two before you can come back. For the "Soarin' Over California" ride (I think the busiest in the whole park) we actually went back to the hotel and had a swim in the pool, ate dinner and went back and were on the ride within 10 minutes. We wouldn't have a good time with little kids without the fastpass cards on either side of park.







Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

GarageGarage
Garage

Waiting for the next car in Roger's Garage
Mickey's HouseMickey's House
Mickey's House

I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the outside.
Tyler in the Dog HouseTyler in the Dog House
Tyler in the Dog House

errr... the Dog Bed.
Thanks Mickey.Thanks Mickey.
Thanks Mickey.

Oh Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey, Hey Mickey.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb