One Last Night at Grover Hot Springs


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Grover Hot Springs has lots of stuff to do for all ages; rocks to climb and to watch stars by at night, trails to hike, trees to sit under with a glass of wine during the warm afternoon, a stream to play in and, of course, the pools. Kids, older and younger, have had fun walking, sleeping in late in the tent, sitting at the meadow, reading, dancing on the rocks and talking.

Clayton, Jen and their friends hiked out to the waterfall this morning 1-1/2 miles. We’d wanted to hike there but big kids weren’t awake yet and we didn’t know about walking with Zaya. When the group of friends came back they reported that the hike was not easy for kids and seemed long. So we were glad to be so lazy.

I made a bean salad from black and pinto beans, avocados, tomatoes, onions, and corn with a little lime juice for dressing. Then made a salsa from our chilies which paired with some beer made for a great lunch!

We have done nothing today. I’ve been sitting under trees sipping wine and writing blogs. Don’t know how we will make it when we return home tomorrow. The campground is mostly empty now and so quiet, more than it was before. Hate to think about leaving this place.

Tonight Dale made a last fire for the kids and they made smores while we washed dishes, it was about 9:45. Charlotte came in to find a flashlight as one kid said that they felt something brush against their leg. We found a flashlight for her and off she went. As she went around the corner of the RV all of the kids jumped out yelling BOO!. There were shrieks of laughter then and Charlotte took it all in stride. The 5 kids then all hiked up to sleep in the 4 person tent for one last night. They should be cozy.

Dale and I finished up the dishes and went to the dying fire. Moon wasn’t up yet so the stars between the silhouettes of the trees were amazing with little light pollution. We listened to the wind coming up between the trees then blowing on our faces when it reached us. We talked about camping trips we still want to take, some with grandkids and some just the 2 of us.

Now it is late, time to sleep so that we can pack up and leave in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.505s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb