Why Is Arroyo Grande?


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Written in 2021. After numerous trips to the central coast, we have decided that Arroyo Grande is our new "go to" location. It seems to be cleaner, and less crowded than Pismo Beach. In other words, it is less touristy. Our favorite restaurant these days is Ember, also in Arroyo Grande. We have been dining at Brian's place for many years now. And he has a patio so we can bring Lexi!!! Some of our most memorable meals have been here! Just south of the town is Laetitia Vineyards, a relatively quiet little winery. We generally go wine tasting there, after buying some sushi at the California Fresh Market. The staff there will make just about any type of sushi that you request. We bring the sushi to the winery, since they have multiple picnic areas. And again, perfect for taking Lexi with us!!! From the Agrarian Hotel where we are staying, it is a quick and easy walk along Branch Street, which is an extension of Grand Avenue on the west side of Highway 101. Branch is full of little businesses, both retail and dining. It is a relatively sleepy and quiet part of the central coast. But before we reach Arroyo Grande or Pismo, we generally stop for lunch at Firestone Walker Brewery in Paso Robles. Again, their patio is perfect for a light lunch where Lexi can join us. And she is usually the star of the show!! I love their 805 brew, along with a nice selection of light lunch options. Along with the great weather, we enjoy the relaxed vibe of the central coast. Everyone is friendly and low key. Wineries are nearby, and of course, the beach, decent bike trails, and little parks for Lexi. (No Lexi this time, but I have my bicycle!!!) What else might we do? Maybe nothing! But we love the cooler weather. And little bit of info on SLO: Situated halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles along California’s Central Coast is quaint, value-packed, San Luis Obispo County (SLO CAL for short). Not only does it have a catchy moniker, but the area also features 80 miles of stunning coastline along the endlessly Instagrammable Highway 1. It's also home to 3,616-square miles of vineyards; charming towns with breweries, wineries, and distilleries; and an abundance of outdoor recreation (think: elephant seal spotting, whale watching, and ATV excursions). The best part? It’s a lot more affordable than its neighbors.
If you have more time, check this out:
Road trip: Beautiful sights and great wine along California's Central Coast (10best.com)
Road trip: Beautiful sights and great wine along California's Central CoastEnjoy a scenic drive throughout California's Central Coast region, roughly halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. On route, experience both coastal Highway 1 and inland wineries and food ...www.10best.comI plan to do a coastal ride, from Arroyo Grande over to Morro Bay and back. And I will have dinner at Ember, of course. And some wine tasting. The list is becoming quite long!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb