Snowbirding in Yuma Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Yuma
March 11th 2012
Published: March 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In six years of full-time RVing, we've never spent time in Yuma, AZ. So here we are in the lettuce capital of the world. We stayed two-weeks at Yuma Lakes RV Resort which is in the middle of the lettuce pickers. WOW, what hard-working people. The grocery stores have huge bins filled with other local crops of rice and carrots. So are we eating healthy?

We did until we moved to a park in the Foothills...right around the corner are the Chocolate Crafters. While you peruse the counter full of key-lime dark chocolate bark, chocolate pecans, truffles and more, they ply you with samples. The father/daughter crafters are happy, friendly folks. It's worth the stop if you are traveling through.

We ended up settling in at Del Pueblo Tennis and RV Resort, near the marine base in town. This must be the most friendly park we have found in years. Jerry and Sharyl from Oregon invited us to Happy Hour, as did Gerry and Ilona from B.C. Ilona invited me to Mexico which was just a morning drive...not one Tom will ever make again since he was held at the border in Texas a couple of years ago. Gerry taught us a brain-game they learned while in Germany. So I'm gaming my brain and ya'll can decide for yourself next time you talk to me!

Not only did we make friends during our 2-month stay, but Princess met Sophie, a two-year old beagle belonging to Ilona and Gerry. Since Princess has dementia she isn't always "with it," but Sophie did coax her out of the RV a few times.

TT friends Bob and Janet visited and we played some pickleball. We missed Neva and Bud who also were passing through. We left Yuma with mixed emotions....too soon...but time to move East for the first time in 3 years. We didn't think Princess would be leaving Yuma with us, but Sophie must have worked some magic on her. She's ready to roll!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SophieSophie
Sophie

A much Younger Princess


Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb