Holidays in Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Benson
November 25th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Some of you know I lived in Arizona as a toddler. (Were the stagecoaches running then? Ymmmmmmm?) I feel at peace in this climate and so does Tom. We stayed at The Voyager in Tuscon (friend Joannie's growing-up town.)

While in Tuscon we toured the Airforce Museum. We saw an old version of Airforce One, Columbine, which served President Turman. Also, the Airforce One that returned the Hostages from Iran in the early 80's was on display.

We saw a SR71 Blackbird with Leigh Vandenbergs' famous silver tire. (This is inside information that Tom's aircraft tire buddies will appreciate.) We looked down the business end of an A10 (Dave Wagner will recognize this view.) And Karen prepared for her performance with the Blue Angels. (Ha!)

We then moved further South to Benson, Arizona. To our surprise and delight, friends Linda and Mike LaMarche arrived. We toured Tombstone, Linda cut my hair, and we broke bread together the night before they left. We again changed our travel plans as the cold weather hangs over the country. We headed to Yuma, AZ, the lettuce capital of the world for the winter. (May be a new hobby for Tom?? Picking lettuce?) We've never spent anytime in the area so this will be a new adventure.

Our health is good.We still have our minds in tact. We worked hard enough to retire early and see this glorious country. We are blessed. Merry Christmas to ya'll!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

SR71 aircraftSR71 aircraft
SR71 aircraft

Spy Plane
Airforce OneAirforce One
Airforce One

Iran Hostages flew
Columbine,  AirforceOneColumbine,  AirforceOne
Columbine, AirforceOne

Eisenhower's plane


9th December 2011

Tucson
Hi Karen and Tom, Great hearing from you and enjoy reading that you were in Tucson. I am so glad you are both doing well as I think of you often. I hope you have a Blessed Christmas Season.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb