Tucson and the Town Too Tough to Die!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
October 3rd 2013
Published: October 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a very different drive from Holbrook to Tucson, following the I-77 through mountainous valleys, the roads curving around bends, zig zagging, all the time with sheer drops to the side. Some phenomenal country out here in Arizona, just beautiful. A day spent on the road, just under 5 hours in total, arriving at our Best Western hotel around 4pm. A delicious dinner at the Royal Sun Restaurant (onsite at the hotel which was just perfect as it saved Bradley having to drive anymore today).

On the road fairly early this morning heading for the infamous Wild West town of Tombstone. Our first stop was Boothill Graveyard where we spent time wandering the rows of grave markers, lots of them unknowns, but others meeting a much more harrowing end. A very interesting tourist stop. We continued on into the historic district area of Tombstone and spent the day wandering the very streets where the likes of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday once stood. We saw a few gunfights (Doc Holliday's Gunfight Palace, the Helldorado Town Gunfight Show and The Main Event at the O.K. Corral) as well as the Bird Cage Theatre and the World's Largest Rose Bush (both having fantastic museums). Oliver even had the chance to shoot a Colt Revolver (no need to worry, it only contained paint pellets!) We had a fabulous day reliving the days of the old west.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb