Home sweet home...and baseball!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
October 1st 2011
Published: October 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got off the ship around 10:15 am in a cloudy NYC. Took a taxi to LGA. Our flight leaves at 1:15. The flight was full. We were able to upgrade to First Class from Dallas to Tucson. This gives us 3 bags checked free which makes the upgrade almost a 'break even' since AA charges for the bags. We slept most of the way to Dallas. When we arrive in Dallas, they announce we are 1 hour 10 minutes early! We quickly check to see if there is a sooner flight and one leaves in 15 minutes. We hurry to the gate and they can get us on and there are 2 seats left in First Class. Our bags won't be with us, but we will work that out later. Gosh, First Class is so nice! Leg room, warm nuts, warm wash cloths, wine, chicken parmesan, warm cookies. Love it.
When we arrive in Tucson, it is pouring rain and we have to wait on the tarmac for 15 minutes because of lightning. They won't let the ground crew out while lightning is near. We finally get off and go to the AA baggage department and tell them about our bags and they say no problem, they will deliver them to our house tonight. That worked out.
Anyway we are home, had a great vacation and are watching the Yankees, wishing we were there in the Bronx!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb