On the Road Again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Scottsdale
March 22nd 2021
Published: March 22nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Perhaps, it should say in the AIR again! Per CNN: Spring break is here and people suffering from a year of cabin fever are throwing caution to the wind. Saturday marked the 10th straight day on which more than 1 million passengers traveled through American airports.The TSA reported 1,369,180 travelers passed through security checkpoints Saturday, a day after air passengers set a new pandemic record, when 1,468,516 traveled through TSA security.Although millions of Americans have been vaccinated, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to recommend that people avoid travel. It has so far declined to issue new guidance on travel for vaccinated Americans out of concerns prompted by travel-related surges that the United States encountered during previous holiday periods.From Business Insider: The number of flyers departing from US airports has topped 1 million for 10 days in a row - even though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is urging people to avoid traveling. The US Transport Security Administration (TSA) said Sunday it has screened more than 1 million passengers at US airports every day since March 11. It screened around 13 million passengers over the 10-day period, it said.
For the first time during the pandemic, air travel is higher than it was at the same time a year ago. On Saturday, the most recent day data is available for, the TSA screened nearly 1.37 million passengers - more than double the number it screened on the same day in 2020. US air travel peaked on Friday, when the TSA screened close to 1.47 million passengers, the most in more than a year.

But the good news: Airfares are hitting record lows as airlines try to lure flyers back.
I flew to Phoenix, AZ last weekend. I would not have gone if I was not vaccinated. Everyone on the plane wore masks. All the baseball fans at the ballparks wore masks, despite the limited seating and spacing. But restaurants were operating at FULL capacity, indoors and out.Renting a car was a real PIA. Each shuttle bus from the airport to the Phoenix rental center allowed only about half capacity, creating long lines outside the airport. Same for the return after I dropped the car off.I also give full credit, A+++ to my hotel, part of the Marriott chain in Scottsdale. They had both masks and alcohol hand cleaner for guests. The rooms appeared spotless. The only downside was no housekeeping services on my three-night stay.But you know me, I always say, "Let's go!" no matter what.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.1932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb