The first leg


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
April 15th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CLCLCL

Leaving Clear Lake alas
I started out off on Wednesday morning after a full day of packing, drove for around 11 hours - 12 hour total trip with some short breaks. There was nothing particularly interesting though the environment wasn't as plain as that of north Texas and SE Colorado (I recently drove to Denver, from Houston).
Rolling pastures around Schulenberg, mesas and hills, drier land past San Antonio.

Stayed in El Paso for the night.
A fuse blew out for my cigar lighter so I learned how to fix that.

Day 2, I took off west again, got to Phoenix in the afternoon, finally met my friend Andrei - we had been talking online for about 4 years and we ate several pounds of cheap sushi.
We hung out at ASU campus..talked to girls, tried to get into buildings just through confidence and lacking ID, worked once or twice. I gave a public gymnastics ring display, had a few people stop and talk.
We saw some strange device at the ASU music building - you place hockey puck shaped objects on a flat electronic board, synthesizer-ish. - you could change the soundwaves to have longer or faster wavelengths and maybe pitch by twisting the object on the board.
Interesting and random.

Afterwards we stopped by Sheldon's house, got acquainted (a little more in a minute).

After that we headed to Andrei's house and I got settled in, acquainted with the parents - they're from Uzbekistan, Russian is their first language. It was interesting noticing the subtle cultural differences. They were very accommodating and always offering me food.

After that, me and Andrei headed to oldtown Scottsdale. We were going to head to this club open till 4 am, 18+, ended up at a more standard club, met a few people here and there. Saw some crazy drunk brothers fighting on the streets..cops showed up eventually, met more cool people on the streets or at late night outdoor restaurants. We ended up walking around till about 4:30 am, had to look for his car for a while since we got lost with all the free bicycle carriage rides.

So we finally got back to his place, crashed out for a few hours. Got up the next day early, got to Sheldon's for the energy healing session. It was very revealing and I would say more profound than what most
SchulenbergSchulenbergSchulenberg

Passing through Schulenberg
people ever learn or experience, most of it is really simple. More direct discussion would be needed so you'd have to talk to me and see if you are ready to hear the full story.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

flowersflowers
flowers

Some blurry indian paintbrushes and bluebonnets
Semi-west txSemi-west tx
Semi-west tx

Semi-west texas
Somewhere past KerrvilleSomewhere past Kerrville
Somewhere past Kerrville

Somewhere past Kerrville
storm comingstorm coming
storm coming

Storm on the horizon in west texas - was some ridiculously heavy rain. I was going about 108 mph beforehand, had to slow down to about 40 in it.
West TxWest Tx
West Tx

Distant storm
554554
554

Nearing EL Paso
560560
560

End of Day 1, El Paso.
BarrioBarrio
Barrio

Start of Day 2, somewhat of a view of the Barrio - south El Paso right on the border.
Moth - NMMoth - NM
Moth - NM

Random creature I saw on the ground at a gas station in sort of central New Mexico, there were a few of them just sitting on the ground.
572572
572

New Mexico hills
NMNM
NM

New Mexico Hills 2
ArizonaArizona
Arizona

Gettin into Arizona


19th April 2010

what a journey
friend this seems like the beginning Of something wonderful
22nd April 2010

wow so great lanscap! i wud like to be with you there, i like your narration two

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb