Planning Stages


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
March 25th 2005
Published: March 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well I have been spending a lot of time on Americas Byways at www.byways.org

Great site, though I wish they had a better way to create an itinerary from the selected routes we have. If anyone cares to see ours, just type in my email address at faemystique@gmail.com and it should come up with Summer 2005. That is so far our plan. I figure that we will leave here around the morning of May 16th after moving all our household belongings to Eagle River Storage. Jake will hang out and camp until he flies to Seattle on the 20th. My sister Lisa and I, Breanna and Kayleigh my daughters and Soldotna our Dog *(dot or dot-dot or dottie) will take off through Canada.

We expect to spend our first night in Kluane Provincial Park, our second night in Liard Hot Springs, third in Chewynd, fourth in 100 mile house, and on day 5 run down to Seattle and soak in the hotel pool all day until Jake's flight comes in. When he shuttles over, we will just all relax until checkout time and then mosey down to Portland to visit with Jake's aunt and uncle and camp out there at their house for the night.

On the road again, we shall attempt to follow our route laid out on Byways, following the Columbia River Gorge over into Idaho and camp in Mid Idaho, travel over to Wyoming, camping there for a night and heading to Cheyenne. Lisa lives there and we will crash at their house for a night, head to Denver to go to the zoo and back to Cheyenne or over to Nebraska for Memorial Day Weekend with our friend Ryan at the lake. From there we head up to Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Lisa and her husband Ryan will join us for this leg of the trip and we expect to spend one night at Jakes families farm in Mondovi and drop my husband there and head north to mom's house and pack for our Ontario camping/fishing trip. We shall spend ten days up around Black Sturgeon Lake before heading home again. We shall mosey around Wisconsin for about a month, and head out of Wi on July 10th.

We will go through MN, spend three days in South Dakota, three days in Northern Wyoming, three days in Montana, one day in Idaho, two days in Washington. My mom will accompany us for this leg of the journey from Wi to AK. We will get Jake on the plane on July 22nd, and take our sweet time traveling up the StewartCassiar highway in British Columbia and head back into Alaska.

We will go back down to visit Homer, our sweet hometown to show my mother, and then head back to our new life in Eagle River/Chugiak/Peters Creek, whereever we end up living, mom will fly out around the 7 th of August.

Well, thats the plan, stay tuned to see if it all comes together.....

Carey

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb