Tuesday 27th May 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 27th May 2008

Up at 6.30 after breakfast back the airport with G & L. booked in and flew to Gustavus at 10am on very small plane( 4 + pilot) approx 20 min flight, stunning views. Felt like a bee on the breeze.

Gustavus- flat- disheveled, but very peaceful. People wave and say hello. The Gustavus Inn were we are staying is an old house and we are on the third floor in the 'Swallows Nest'. Went for a walk to were the boats launch and then back for a big lunch. One guy at lunch has been coming here for years and he had gone out and picked mushrooms so we had those with our luch also. Its like staying in someones house.
Off for a bike ride, went to the library to check the emails, biked back to the harbour and then to the Inn. Read for a while in their library befor dinner. The place is full, 21 for dinner. Met some interesting people, they placed every one at table to mix up the people. We had Sable Fish which is Black Cod a deep sea fish. Very very nice, the american eat a small plain salad on a side plate to start, then the main meal served with rich (which I find strange), then coffee then they have dessert. Strange, but it all goes down the same way, great meal. Had a stroll after dinner as its so light and really hot. Sun still streaming in our room as we go to bed. Need to be packed and at breakfast by 6am.
Lovely relaxing day in small town Alaska.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb