house sitting


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
May 31st 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

i have been house/animal (1 blue/gold macaw, 2 african greys, 1 golden lab, 1 shepherd, 4 assorted fish) sitting for a couple of friends that flew off to vegas to exchange nuptials.

silly people left me with keys to a riding lawn mower. i have not driven one in these 44 years and it showed. i didn't do to bad to get it started (despite the perfunctory and half listened to verbal instructions-and the lack of manual which i'm sure to have ignored anyway), even having to jump start it as the battery was dead (that F250 started her right up-just kidding stevie).

the only problem, and this might be considered huge if one is bothered by the price of gas, was that i drove for some minutes before i realized i wasn't actually cutting anything. it turns out that, this mower has a safety disconnect of its' blades if one backs up. i did, and didn't know about the safety. so i continued mowing about 10 minutes? before i realized my GAF. in my defense, the grass wasn't very high to begin with, so there wasn't much to judge the blow-hole by. besides, i was having too much fun.

when i went into the house to discover the power was out i worried that i'd had TOO much fun. fortunately, the power outage was not due to my crazy driving.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.455s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb