DAY 2 FERRY TO KETCHIKAN INSIDE PASSAGE ALASKA HIGHWAY


Advertisement
Published: July 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty in every age of life really neve grows old.____Franz Kafka


LINKS


Name


TRAVEL TIPS



June 18, 2005, Saturday. This is a full day on the ferry as we move closer to Ketchikan, Alaska.
Our room/berth was just above the motor and next to an outside door. So, between the motor and the door slamming it wasn’t the most restful night.
We were up early looking for orca whales, but not a one appeared. The Forest Service has a Ranger on board and he/she gives talks several times a day. The ferry has also set two outside decks for tents or lounge chairs, campers. It is called the solarium and has heating elements in the ceiling for the lounge chair campers. The campers also have the opportunity to use the showers. It is a bit more economical and a neat way to met people camping.
We met a couple going to Ketchikan for two years. Joan is a physician who will be working in the Alaskan Indian Clinic and Phil is a retired banker/real estate guy, really nice people.
It was a rainy day, all day, so we chatted with different folks traveling and compared notes. Did some reading.
I also met two women from the Netherlands, one lives in BC and the other was visiting her childhood friend. Sometimes you meet folks, even if you don’t share the same primary language, and there is a CONNECT. You just know these folks could be my FRIENDS. I don’t know, it has something to do with eye contact, sincerity, and how people clickl! We had a wonderful conversation and they invited me to visit them, maybe?
Goodnight!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb