R.I.P. Samurai


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
October 14th 2005
Published: October 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

SamuraiSamuraiSamurai

The samurai lives on in all of us! Behold the great times (from Tepic to Sayulita in the pouring rain)
Wow... such big news... it appears our longstanding relationship with the Samurai may be coming to a swift and amicable conclusion. As many of you know the starter stopped working just north of Guayamas.... but now it appears something else is amiss. We had trouble starting it on the south side of Sayulita when we headed to the north side at our new place to stay. We woke up at 6am this morning and started pushing it to get going and it just didn't want to go. Went to Bucerias and apparently they *MIGHT* have a starter someplace in vallarta... will make some phone calls but it doesn't look good. the ladies we're staying with sound like they'll take the car for a week or two free stay here, which would be cool because then we can do bus trips to mexico city and other places.

after that it will probably be the bus... but we'll see. I'm on Chantal's (the lady downstairs) laptop via dial-up right now so I can't upload any pictures. Sayulita is great, i'd like to move on but if i have to stay anywhere for another week or two this would probably be it ( so far anyhow). Lots of cool ideas of what to do next so we'll keep you posted. The stunt men left yesterday so it's been quiet but some new backpackers are in town so we may go party tonight in honour of the samurai (hey at least we have a reason) So life goes on. If i have time this afternoon (the water hamock is calling my name) i'll try to post some pictures but i'll have to go to the cafe for that and then... well it still might not work but i might give it another shot.



Advertisement



15th October 2005

Good Timing!
I can't think of a better place for this to happen. Consider the alternatives...the desert, the Jungle! Hope there won't be a problem leaving the country without the car. It's great that you're able to "profit" from this little calamity. Watch those hurricanes! Ciao!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb