Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took an overnight bus from Oaxaca to san Cristobal which was an interesting experience- everytime the bus slowed down I was expecting a highway robbery! It wouldn't be the first time in this part of the world.
We stayed at a pretty hostel in San cristobal for one night, drinking beers in the evening whilst relaxing in hammocks. It was a lovely colonial town, but cold as it was up some mountains. Climbed loads of steps to go and see a church, which at altitude had us exhausted!

Next day was another overnight bus to Merida, even longer journey that the last. I was a little worried to wake part way through the journey to find another passenger having their bag searched by someone in military uniform! turned out to be a military check point, so all was ok. Merida was HOT! We stayed in a hippy commune type hostal for one night, and wandered around the city for the day. We found a traditional bar with saloon doors for a few cerveza, then went home with a giant bottle of Sol and sat on a balcony overlooking the plaza watching the night go past.

Another bus trip took us to Cancun. NEVER AGAIN. We stayed in what appeared to be a pleasant hostel, with a roof top bar and jacuzzi. All sounded good, that is until we tryed to go to sleep in a dorm with an all night party going on above us. And it was all night. And they were competing with the next door roof top bar to be the loudest. We didnt sleep at all, and left in a bad mood after the breafast they promised us did not materialise. Next stop Cuba, thank God.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb