Oaxaca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

We have moved on from Mexico city to a place called Oaxaca, its a bit more chilled out and we are spending a few days here relaxing until we move on at great speed over a large distance.

we arrived here easily enough having negotiated the subway to get to the bus station in mexico city how ever once we had been dropped of at the terminal we realised that we had no idea where the hostel was. We hoisted on our rucksacks and set of walking reasured by a local policeman that it wasnt far. Half an hour later under the burning sun with heavy backpacks we arrived at the hostel. As you can imagin the first thing i did was grab a beer, the second thing was jump in the pool, yes pool, we are not really slumming it are we?

Since then we have been mainly exploring markets and chilling out. We have had no big nights out since arriving, we tend to just grab a cold cerveza every now and then through out the day, its a hard life.

Tonight we went to see a premier leage baseball game, this cost all of one pound fifty each to get in. the game was abandonded half way through due to torrential rain, this was not English cricket drizzle, the players were almost being knocked of their feet, every thing was soaked through. On a good note it did make the cheerleading a lot more interesting than it was supposed to be!

Tomorrow we are booked on a trip to Monte Alban, this has nothing to do with the band Blur, but is Mayan Ruins on top of a mointain.

catch you all later

Trev


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



3rd July 2007

About your hostel
Hello! What is the name of the hostel that you stayed in? I am going to Oaxaca next month and I would to stay in a place with a pool. Enjoy your visit. : ) Tiffany
21st July 2007

It was called Hostel mezkalito, and was superb, would definately recommend it!

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb