hello


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Veracruz » Xalapa
February 7th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well here we are again. sinc ei last wrote i think we were in monterrey. that was quite a bit of fun, but we had to move on so we hit the open road. driving in mexico does take alot of attention and can be exausting but we´re doign alright. which is to say brendan is doing alright, as i´m far to petrified to drive. we made it to ciudad victoria the first night. didnt do much there. just got some food and watched the super bowl in spanish. the next day (yesterday) we drove all day. we skipped over tampico..or tried to. we got lost in a little village for a while. we wanted to make it to el tajin runis but it was too late by the tiem we rolled b, so we continued on to a a little beach resort called tecolatlan, i think. we hung out there got a cheap room and then wandered the beach and got some good food, mingled with the locals, all that stuff.
today we drove to el tajin. finally saw some ruins which was quite nice. though its always stuck in my mind that line aaron stole from someone else he met on his trip. al the ruin are kinda of like dinosaur bones surrounded by a golf course. its still pretty sweet though. after consulting an elderly couple from near buffalo, NY we decided to come to xalapa instead of goign the veracruz. the only problem is, that the traffic here is terrible and we had a nice stressful drive around for about an hour. brendan went to get the car and park it infront of the hostel, but he isnt back yet. when he is i´m sure hell use this very internet. me, ima go read or something maybe. i guess we´ll see if we like the city here, and if not, we´ll move south tomorrow.
later.

- Jonathan

Advertisement



7th February 2007

you're going far in life. and in mexico making quick time too

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.4kb