Livin' La Vida Loca!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

"Be still. The quieter you are, the more you can hear."~

We made a really good decision to head back to Isla Mujeres yesterday and Ray & Pat joined us. It was threatening rain at 8 am but by the time we hopped on the ferry it was steaming hot. We all sat up on the deck top, and enjoyed our quick trip across to the island with the ocean colors dazzling us while a fine mist brushed our faces. Smiles could be seen all around.

From there we got two golf carts; one bigger than the other with four seats facing forward. I can't say these carts were as good as the ones we had the first day; they didn't have the pick up and go we wanted but they in the end got us around just fine. (I think I've earned a reputation for speed and was given the donkey cart!!)

First stop was the turtle farm (again) so Lara could show grandma the place which again was a rich experience. That little old man was there, and he took great delight in showing Lara all the sea life again. He even told her to go out to the large salt water enclosure to see some sharks. Lara is fascinated with sharks so it was a really cool experience for her to see them up close.

Four of us kept cruising the island till the one end where there's the Dolphin Discovery park. Wow, we went in for a look around and it's a really spectacular place and the dolphins are kept in sea water and somewhat in their own environment. Not what I planned on, so we skedaddled out of there.

We also stopped at a fabulous private property that has a single room on the ocean, with a private small pool, your own deck with loungers overlooking the ocean, and a small private beach. It's owned by a man from Minnesota, and he had this area built to accommodate a single couple (no kids) as a place to get away from it all. It's got a king size master, fridge, equipped with utensils etc., a nice bathroom, with sliding doors to the pool and deck. It goes for $175 a night (this time of year) and let me tell you, it was looking really attractive to me yesterday. Just to have a night away with Al, would be a really special thing. It was quiet, serene and calm...ahhhh, now that would be THE life. Just for a day...ahhhh. OK enough of the "AHHHHs".

As we passed private villas I would stop and take a picture and record the name of the house for future reference. Some of these places make your eyes pop open. Manicured lawns, palm trees, private pools and oceanfront. Hot diggity dog I see me renting a villa here on our next trip! Insert big pumping heart.

After we stopped at an oceanfront restaurant and I tell ya, they keep getting better and better. This one was SO upscale I thought there's no way we can afford to step our sandals inside, but in actuality it was really quite reasonable.

The place had two levels of pools and a jacuzzi and waterfalls coming off the top level. It had loungers and canopied day beds to lounge on. The staff were plentiful and I asked if we could negotiate the rates of the loungers and the host gave us 2for1 loungers, but in the end we were happy at our pool side/ ocean side large table under some big shady palm trees. It truly was a beautiful spot to spend a few hours. In fact we had the place almost to ourselves for almost an hour or two until the speed boats and sail boats start to pull up.

We enjoyed lemonade, margarita, and the guys enjoyed a bucket of Corona. We all hopped into the beautiful pools; one was deeper than the other which made for an enjoyable float. Rory and Ava kayaked, and the water was so calm it was almost like a mirror...sun bouncing off the ocean, over the trees, and splashing over us.

We enjoyed roasted chicken on a bun, and chicken skewers with rice and shrimp tacos and it was enjoyable. A mix up with the food occurred (allergy wise) but we still really enjoyed the experience.

Driving along the Caribbean side is so beautiful. The cliffs and rocks jut out of the water and are like works of art. We stopped to take pictures and the next thing Rory had maneuvered her way down the side of the cliffs to the ocean and was picking up sea shells by the handful. Colors of which I'm not sure I've seen before, intricate patterns and colors, made with love by the sea herself.

Grandpa got down too from the top of the cliffs to the bottom and escorted Ava down too. I enjoyed taking pictures and the view. I really felt like a "gringo" in Paradise! Living La Vida Isla Mujeres!

Then we were off for more carting around the island. Final stop was Del Luisa, the restaurant/pool club we stopped at on Weds. More dips in the pool followed by drinks which was idyllic. How much better can it get one has to ask? But the answer remains unknown, as we continue to enjoy each day here and whatever adventures we can get up to.

Today (Domingo) we woke to a soft rain; it's actually very nice to hear it hit the pool. The breeze is soft and silky and so refreshing after the heat here. We've got our sliding doors all the way open and are welcoming the sea air in.

We've had a lovely breakfast in the condo and enjoyed a glass of mimosa and are ready to take a walk. Grandma & Ava are off getting a pedicure at the very upscale Maya Villa. I'm not sure Ava's little tiny feet will reach the foot bath 😊 It's $15 for Ava to get a pedicure and she still had some of Uncle Barry's money left over so guess what she wanted to spend it on? Yep, a grown up pedicure 😊

Well I think this sums up yesterday and I hope I gave you a small glimpse of our fab day. Long after the photos go into the scrapbook, the memory of yesterday will continue to live on for a long time. I am a simple girl with a simple goal. Come to Playa with our family, relax, free my mind, take in the sunrise, sunsets, and the beauty of the Riviera Maya. Check mark. Did that and a lot more. Now I just need to buy the T-shirt ;>

How are you all doing? ANYONE? Miss hearing from you! If any of you haven't gotten my blogs, click previous or next entry once on the blog to see if you've missed any. If you missed them intentionally, well then don't click on anything; enjoy your peace and quiet :}

PS will post more of our pictures in another blog; too many for this one.

"To find a sea shell is to find a world of imagination"...~

Sal; Villa Queen Hunter...


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th July 2013
Rory's sea shells

The shell goes..to the highest bidder...Zully #6 over there. ;-)
I see Rory will be possibly pricing some of these shells, for her 'Lemonade/Shells stand' Save me one Rory!!!! ;-) What a great collection. I'll beg for any she rejects..mind you those two at the front..hmmm, I will do business with! ;-)

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb