Playa Del Carmen and Casa Picon


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
December 19th 2012
Published: December 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry about the lack of updates over the last few days, it's been pretty hectic since we arrived in Playa Del Carmen.

First, a little about the town. As you can imagine, it's pretty touristy and full of Americans. So much so that there are cash machines that dispense dollars everywhere (outnumbering the peso machines by about 3:1). It's quite a nice place to go out for drinks and a good time, however compared to the rest of Mexico it's expensive. Everything is on average 25% more by the sea, although if you move a few roads further back the cost reduces a lot.

We managed to find my mother-in-law (always a pleasure!) and arranged to meet Jess (bride to be) later on that afternoon. Typical girls-meet-up-on-the-beach occasion so I made myself scarce and checked out some of the other bars with John.

Met up with Jamie a couple of hours later, brilliant reunion as we haven't seen him for nearly three years. The rest is a little hazy but it did involve lots of beer and cocktails.

Next day we grabbed a taxi to Casa Picon, the villa where the wedding was to be held. Set on the beach between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun, it's paradise. The people staying in the villa had a full time maid and a groundsman called Nico (legend) who popped over to rake the beach, light the BBQ, order taxis and the like.

The full details of the wedding will follow in another blog but to put it simply, it's 11am here and I'm the only one up right now, nursing a head that took a liking to few too many brandy and Cokes.

Last full day here in Playa today, tomorrow we head south towards the Belize border.

Mark.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb