Day 3 (Beach) & Day 4 (Chichen Itza)


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
July 12th 2006
Published: July 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Carribean Water in CancunCarribean Water in CancunCarribean Water in Cancun

The water is still as clear as it's always been despite the reconstruction along the beach after the destruction caused by the hurricanes in the fall of 2005.
Allen is watching Miss Congeniality 2 in bed with his feet up - his favourite foot position when he's happy. We just came back from a hefty dinner (surf and turf) and a stroll by the pool side. The weather has been very pleasant all day today - overcast and breezy.

It's been a very interesting experience observing the fellow hotel guests. First of all, we have Darth Vadar whom we first saw on our boat ride to Isla Majueres. Our Darth Vadar was a fragile Asian woman who wore a plastic dark green sun visor which was probably twice the size of her face. In addition to being paranoid of any minute trace of sun ray which might accidentally radiate on her face, Annie Skywalker could not seem to handle boat motion either. Her face was getting paler and paler as the boat ride continued and by the time we docked, she was passed out while her children, husband and godzillian relatives were filing off the boat.

Our resort is also a kaleidoscope of people from all the red states. They distinguish themselves with rather bad hair extensions (OK - this is Allen's comment), clothing they would not
Cancun BeachCancun BeachCancun Beach

This is the main hotel zone where the beaches are the finest (and most blue).
have worn back home and their culinary comments. On the way back to the hotel from Chichen Itza (a historic Mayan site), our tour stopped at local outdoor acquatice centre off the road for a buffet lunch. It was a simple fair with salad items, local Yucatan meat dishes, North American home town buffet trays (French fries, pasta, chicken nuggets, etc) and desserts. One of the dessert items was a flan which was surprisingly good given the location where it was served. However, a couple who sat next to Allen along our bench aptly let everybody know how much they did not like tofu after taking a bite.

Then, we have George Costanza's mothers everywhere commenting how things should have been done (more direction signs should be put up although they are usually right in their faces, the stairways should have been widened because it was difficult for them to walk through with their arms swaying sideways, ...) You really have to picture this with sound - yes, with the accent.

I have to say though that we are enjoying ourselves here. We went out to the beach along the Hotel Zone in Cancun and visited a very
Sandy FeetSandy FeetSandy Feet

Taking abreak from walking the beach ... Joe digs his toes into the sand.
nice shopping mall built like an island off the lagoon. However, there is nothing more relaxing and indulging than laying by the pool, having one drink after another withhout worrying about making a fool out of yourself because everybody is, having 10 restaurants to choose from for all your meals and the constant supply of foods and drinks everywhere at any time.

It's been great. I thought I would be restless at an all-inclusive resort but I'm loving it. (Joe)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The old McDonald's Pies are in Mexico!The old McDonald's Pies are in Mexico!
The old McDonald's Pies are in Mexico!

We discovered that Mexico still has the original applie pies at McDonald's ... all crispy and deepfried in lard!


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb